Skip to main content
STLE 75th Anniversary
STLE Awards Program
Membership & Section Awards
This Years Recipients
Board of Directors
Advertise and Exhibit
How to apply
Make a donation
Policy, Procedures and Terms of Service | STLE
What is Tribology
STLE Mobile App
STLE App Challenge
Your Local Section
Local Section Leaders
Local Section Resources
Local Scholarship Awards
Annual Meeting and Exhibition
Tribology Frontiers Conference
STLE Learning Path
Lubrication Specialist Learning Path
Oil Analyst Learning Path
STLE Online Education / Webinars
Marketing Resource Guide
CRC Press Publications
Prospector - Material Finder
Emerging Issues and Trends
Skip breadcrumb navigation
Code of Conduct
In order that the Society may better achieve its purposes, the following Code of Conduct is adopted and shall govern the conduct of all members and member representatives. All such members and member representatives in connection with all Society matters and activities shall:
1. Conduct themselves and their activities in a professional manner marked by integrity and a spirit of fair play.
2. Abide by the Constitution and Bylaws and such other rules and regulations as the Society may adopt.
3. Refrain from engaging in any activity which would violate confidentiality commitments and/or proprietary rights of their employers, the Society, or any other person or organization.
4. Participate as actively as possible in the Society to increase the value of membership for all participants.
5. Answer truthfully all questions and inquiries from the Society or any member; excepting that a member may decline to answer such inquiries for legitimate competitive concerns.
6. Refrain from using the Society as a means to gather competitive information about other members’ customers, business processes or other sensitive corporate information.
7. Refrain from using the Society name other than in the conduct of Society business as authorized by the Board of Directors.
8. Refrain from using the Society membership list or conference attendee lists, or any part thereof, except in the conduct of Society business as authorized by the Board of Directors.
9. Conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with, and not disruptive to, the business and social activities sponsored by the Society.
Adopted by the STLE Board of Directors (as of May 2010)