Fellow Membership recognizes long-term STLE members who have made a significant impact in the field of tribology and/or lubrication engineering. Any current STLE member may propose any other STLE member for Fellow Membership by submitting a completed Proposal for Fellow form to the Society.
Interpretation of Qualifications for Fellow Membership
The Fellows Committee shall evaluate each Proposal to determine whether the proposed candidate: (1.) has met the practice and membership requirements set forth in the STLE Constitution and Bylaws; (2.) has had five (5) sponsorship letters submitted on his or her behalf; two of which are from STLE Fellows, and (3.) has demonstrated outstanding personal achievement in the field of tribology and/or lubrication engineering.
- The candidate's accomplishments must be beyond those typically expected of a scientist or engineer in the field of tribology and/or lubrication engineering.
- The candidate should be recognized as an outstanding authority as shown by one or more of the following:
Click here for more information on how to nominate a Fellow.
- his/her being responsible for significant and widely known improvements in the field,
- relevant publications, including any or all of the following: books, papers, patents, articles, presentations,
- examples of exceptional professional distinction in the candidate's area of influence.