STLE Metalworking Fluid Management Course
STLE’s Metalworking Fluid Management Course is a two and a half-day education course (typically held in February or March of each year) that offers a solid overview of metalworking fluid management and is tailored to provide industry professionals with a comprehensive look at the latest techniques and practices that are sure to improve their metalworking fluid operation. More information about the 2019 Metalworking Fluids Management Course will be posted soon.
Topics generally covered in the course include:
- Metalworking Fluid Operations Overview
- Metalworking Fluid Chemistry
- Tankside Additives
- Metalworking Fluid Microbiology
- Microbial Contamination Control
- Introduction to Metalworking Fluid Toxicology & Industrial Hygiene
- Straight Oil Metalworking Fluids
- Challenges in Dealing with GHS
- Metalworking Fluid Mist
- Microbe Health Effects
- Understanding and Controlling Metalworking Fluid Failure
- Metalworking Fluid Condition Monitoring
- Fluid Condition Management
- Metalworking Fluid Management Technologies
- Machine Tool Fluid System Design
- Waste Treatment
Course registration includes the full course book with presentation slides as well as instructor notes, a 50-question exam to be conducted at the conclusion of the course, and three metalworking fluids case studies on the final day of the course. Course books are provided in either printed or digital format. Optional STLE Certified Metalworking Fluids Specialist (CMFS) exam sitting is held after the course (not included in the course registration and requires separate registration).
The Metalworking Fluid Management Course does not prepare attendees to take the CMFS Exam!
The exam requires much more in-depth knowledge of metalworking fluids topics than the instructors have time to cover in the two and a half-day course, and therefore the exam is only recommended to those with an extensive experience in metalworking fluids management and applications.
$625 (STLE members)
$775 (Non-members, includes one-year STLE membership)