STLE is hosting student posters at its 2019 Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Nashville. Event organizers have invited students from all areas of tribology research to participate in a special session dedicated to student posters. Posters will deal with an aspect of tribology research that can be translated into friction, wear and lubrication. Students will exhibit their posters and discuss their work at the session. The posters will be judged by a conference committee, and awards will be given to the best nine posters.
2019 Student Poster Presentations - Coming soon
Submission Criteria & Information
- The poster must present original work by the student during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- The student may submit only one poster as the lead author.
- As the lead author of the poster, the student should have performed the major portion of the work.
- Lead authors must be full-time graduate or undergraduate students registered during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Posters can be no larger than 48 x 48 inches.
- Posters must be set up Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. The author must be present at the poster display during the judging session on Monday, May 20, during lunch and the scheduled conference break that afternoon.
Award Category (three winners in each category)
- Platinum: superior scientific and presentation quality ($300 prize)
- Gold: good technical quality ($200 prize)
- Silver: overall quality worthy to be encouraged ($100 prize)
Winners will be announced during the President’s Luncheon on Tuesday, May 21. For additional questions, please contact Merle Hedland at (630) 428-2133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.