Fellow Membership recognizes long-term Members who have made a significant impact on the field of tribology and lubrication engineering. Any current STLE Member may propose any other STLE Member for Fellow Membership by submitting a completed Proposal for Fellow form to the Society.
Interpretation of Qualification for Fellow Membership
The Fellows Committee shall evaluate each Proposal to determine whether the proposed candidate: (1) has met the practice and membership requirements set forth in the STLE Constitution and Bylaws; (2) has had five (5) sponsorship letters submitted on his or her behalf; and (3) has made outstanding and recognized contributions to the sciences or engineering in the field of tribology and lubrication engineering.
- The candidate's accomplishments must be beyond those typically expected of a scientist or engineer in tribology and lubrication engineering.
- The candidate should be recognized as an outstanding authority as shown by one or more of the following:
Click here for more information on how to nominate a Fellow.
- His/her being responsible for significant and widely known improvements in the field
- Relevant publications including any or all of the following; books, papers, patents, articles, presentations.
- Exceptional professional distinction in the candidates area of influence