The digital edition of the June TLT is now available
[Click here to access the June TLT]
Innovadex is now Prospector
[Click here for more info]
Use promo code STL71 at checkout
Click the images below to connect with STLE
Connect with other industry professional through the STLE LinkedIn Group
Communicate with us through the STLE Facebook page
Listen to all STLE podcasts through The Official STLE Blog
View pictures of STLE 2014 Annual Meeting on Flickr page
Stay up to date with tweets from STLE
View videos from STLE
STLE Newsletter July 03, 2014 (Bi-Weekly Summer Newsletter Schedule)
Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July
Table of Content
• Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July
• July TLT Featured Story – Oil Analysis: Keeping Military Systems Running Smoothly
• Accepting Paper Submissions and Registration for TFC2014
• European Webinar Series Launch
• Upcoming Webinar Events
• STLE Certification Opportunities in your Area
• 2015 Annual Meeting in Dallas Texas @ Omni Hotel May 17-21
Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July
The STLE office will be closed Friday, July 4th for the holidays. We will reopen Monday, July 7th during normal business hours. However, if there is an emergency and you need to get a hold of STLE please contact Bruce Murgueitio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!!!
July 2014 TLT Featured Story – Oil Analysis: Keeping Military Systems Running Smoothly
The Army, Navy and Coast Guard often are the pioneers whose lubrication practices work their way into the industrial world.
For military operations, going from launch to mission accomplished requires much more than starting up the engines and heading once more into the fray. Diligent maintenance, safety measures, cost savings and environmentally responsible practices keep the U.S. military’s equipment, ground vehicles, aircraft and ships ready for action. The military must stay ahead of the curve in oil monitoring technology and practices in order to bring all these elements together… Click here to continue reading
Accepting Paper Submissions and Registration for TFC2014 Tribology Frontiers Conference
We are still accepting abstracts for the Tribology Frontiers Conference (TFC), an all new event for researchers in industry, government or academics. To participate, please submit your abstract at http://2014stlefrontiers.abstractcentral.com.
While the IJTC emphasized specific technical issues in engineering, the TFC focuses on the future oriented societal and technical issues and how tribology can make an impact.
Track Lineup includes:
1. Tribology: Advanced Methods (Dr. Daniele Dini, Imperial College of London)
2. Tribology: Micro & Nano Scales (Dr. Ashlie Martini, University of California Merced)
3. Tribology: Macro Scales (Dr. Daejong Kim, University of Texas at Arlington)
4. Tribology: Medical Applications (Dr. David Burris, University of Delaware)
5. Tribology: Natural Processes (Dr. David Burris, University of Delaware)
6. Tribology: Energy Economy & Sustainability (Dr. Aaron Greco, Argonne National Laboratory)
7. Tribology in Manufacturing Processes (Dr. Daniel Nelias, INSA – LaMCoS)
If you are interested in presenting @ the 2014 TFC, click here for details.
For details on the TFC, Click here
The fastest and easiest way to register is online.
European Webinar Series Launch
STLE’s brand-new European Webinar Series is for a European audience, addressing topics most relevant to those in the area, but registration is open to anyone, regardless of location. This series will begin at 8:00 a.m. Central Time, instead of the 12:00 p.m. Central Time start for our regular webinar program.
Please join us for the following events:
• 9/3: Electrostatic Discharge in Hydraulic and Lubricating Systems, with John Duchowski, HYDAC
• 10/9: Base Oils for Lubricating Greases, with Valentina Serra-Holm, Nynas AB
• 11/25: MWFs (final topic TBA), with Neil Canter, Chemical Solutions
• Dec.: Performance Mapping of Engine Oils for Energy Efficiency, with Ksenija Topolovec Miklozic, Powertrib
More information, as available, will be posted here.
Upcoming Webinar Events
Please note upcoming deadlines – get ahead of the rest and register today!
• July 16 – Fluorocarbons | Register by 7/14
• July 23 – Metalworking Corrosion Issues and Test Methods | Register by 7/19
• Aug 06 – Grease and Oil Lubricant Failure Analysis | Register by 8/04
• Aug 20 – Grease: The Niche Market Opportunity | Register by 8/18
• Sept 17 – Synthetic Metal Removal Fluids | Register by 9/15
[Click here] for a list of the upcoming webinars and for more details
STLE Certification Opportunities in your Area
STLE Certifications have been linked to better employment outcomes. Invest in your future and your career by getting certified. Explore the links below to determine which certification is right for you.
Click below for details on STLE’s Certifications
• CLS - Certified Lubrication Specialist
• OMA - Certified Oil Monitoring Analyst
• CMFS - Certified Metalworking Fluids Specialist
If you are ready to take the exam, check out some of the upcoming exam dates and locations. Please contact Alicia Skulemowski at (847)825-5536 or email email@example.com for more information and to register.
Upcoming exam dates & locations
• July 25 – Charlotte, NC (USA)
• August 15 - Houston, TX (USA)
• August 22 – Wichita, KS (USA)
• August 29 – Baltimore/Hunt Valley, MD (USA)
• September 27 – Houston, TX (USA)
• October 24 – Las Vegas, NV (USA)
• November 14 – Wichita, KS (USA)
Please note: Online registration closes 2 weeks prior to exam dates, on site may be available on first come, first serve basis, but there is a limited number
2015 Annual Meeting in Dallas Texas @ Omni Hotel May 17-21
STLE 2015 Annual Meeting & Exhibition will be held in Dallas, Texas May 17-21, 2015 at the Omni Hotel. The abstract submission site for the 2015 meeting will open July 2014. Check back for registration, housing and meeting details. [Click here]
Archived newsletter available
Click here to view archived STLE Newsletter