STLE 2013 Call for Student Posters - Submission Deadline MArch 1, 2013
The Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) is seeking student posters for the 68th Annual Meeting, to be held May 5-9, 2013 at the Marriott Hotel at the Renaissance Center in Detroit.
The event organizers are inviting students from all areas of tribology research to participate in a special session dedicated to student posters. The posters must deal with an aspect of tribology research that can be translated into friction, wear, and lubrication. Student poster research topics can be co-authored by faculty and other researchers but only students may exhibit their posters and discuss their work at the session. The posters will be judged by a conference committee, and awards will be given to the best nine posters.
STLE began accepting abstracts for posters in mid-July on the online Abstract Central, http://stle2013.abstractcentral.com/. When submitting the abstract, be sure to select “student poster” in the drop down menu for “presentation type.” The deadline for abstract submission is March 1, 2013. Notification of acceptance will be sent to students shortly after this date.
The criteria for poster submission are as follows:
• The poster must present original work by the student during the 2012-2013 year
• The student may submit only one poster as the lead author
• As the lead author of the poster, the student should have performed the major portion of the work
• Lead authors must be fulltime graduate or undergraduate students registered during the 2012-2013 academic year
• Posters can be no larger than 48 x 48 in.
• The author must be present at the poster display during the judging session Monday afternoon and during scheduled conference breaks on Tuesday and Wednesday
• Abstract submission deadline is March 1, 2013
Three awards will be given in each of the following categories:
• Platinum – superior scientific and presentation quality, $300 prize
• Gold – good technical quality, $200 prize
• Silver – overall quality worthy to be encouraged, $100 prize
Awards will be announced at the President's lunch on Tuesday.
For more information about the STLE Annual Meeting, visit the conference website at http://www.stle.org/events/annual/details.aspx?
For additional questions about the student poster session, please contact:
Student Poster Coordinator