TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Application and Eligibility. Application for booth space must be made on the online form provided by STLE (hereafter, “the Society”), contain the information requested and be executed by an individual who has authority to act for the applicant.
2. Exhibit Booth Price. The price for each booth is $2,475 for STLE Corporate Members and $2,875 for all others (U.S. dollars).
3. Payment Dates. No booth will be guaranteed until the Society receives full payment for the total booth fee, along with a contract. However, if full payment is not received by Jan. 31, 2018, the Society will have the right to resell the assigned booth space. The exhibitor expressly understands and agrees that all amounts paid here under will be applied first to any outstanding obligations due to the Society by the exhibitor, and then to the amounts due in accordance with this paragraph hereof, that any resulting amounts due must be paid within the time limits specified herein and that the Society will have the right to cancel this agreement if the exhibitor is or becomes in arrears with respect to any outstanding obligation due to the Society.
4. Cancellation of Booth Space. In the event that the exhibitor notifies the Society of the exhibitor's intent to cancel the contract after acceptance but prior to Dec 31, 2017, a full refund of the monies received minus a $200 administrative fee will be made. A penalty of 50% of the cost of the total booth space contracted will be imposed for a written cancellation received between Jan. 1, 2018, and Feb. 28, 2018. No refunds will be made or cancellations accepted after Feb. 28, 2018. If for any cause beyond the control of the Society - such as, but not limited to, the destruction of the exhibit facilities by an act of God, the public enemy, authority of law, fire or other force - the Society is unable to comply with the terms of this contract and deliver the space allotted hereunder, this contract shall be considered terminated and any payments made hereunder by the exhibitor shall be refunded to the exhibitor, less expenses incurred by the Society to the date of termination allocable to the exhibitor after proration thereof among all exhibitors.
5. Assignment of Booth Space. Beginning in mid-February 2018, booth space will be assigned according to STLE's 5-Point System which takes into account availability of requested space, the amount of space requested, STLE Corporate Membership, an Exhibitor's STLE advertising expenditure, Exhibitor's length of relationship with STLE, compatibility of the Exhibitor's products with the Society's aims and purposes, and the date on which the contract and deposit are received. The Society reserves the right to assign space other than the choice requested, if necessary, and the right to rearrange the floor plan and/or relocate any exhibit.
6. Booth, Furnishings, Equipment and Services. A uniformly styled exhibit booth 10 ft. deep and 10 ft. wide will be furnished that consists of draped material on aluminum framework with a back wall that is 10 ft. high, side rails that are 36 in. high and identification sign that is 7 in. by 44 in. Exhibit displays must not project so far as to obstruct the view of the adjacent booths. In the rear, 4 ft. of all booths, display material or equipment can be placed to a height not exceeding 8 ft. unless requested in writing and approved by the Society. In the remainder of the booth, all display material or equipment shall not exceed 42 inches in height.
7. Conduct of Exhibits. The advertisement or display of goods or services other than those manufactured, distributed or sold by the exhibitor in the regular course of business and identified in this contract is prohibited. An exhibitor may not assign, sublet or apportion all or any part of the contracted booth space, nor may an exhibitor permit the display, promotion, sales or marketing of non-exhibitor products or services. Interviews, demonstrations and distribution of literature or samples must be made within the booth area assigned to the exhibitor. Canvassing or distributing of advertising outside the exhibitor's own booth will not be permitted. No exhibitor shall sell or permit merchandise to be sold from the exhibit. Exhibitors may not serve or dispense food or beverages of any type from their booths or in the exhibit area. Helium balloons are not allowed in the exhibit area. No part of the display, including products, is permitted outside the exhibit space. Products and furnishings should be arranged with the safety of the exhibitors and attendees in mind. The character of the exhibits is subject to the approval of the Society. The right is reserved to refuse the applications of companies not meeting the standards required or expected, as is the right to curtail exhibits or parts of exhibits that are not in accord with the character of the meeting. This applies to displays, literature, advertising novelties, souvenirs, conduct of persons, etc. Booths should be designed to draw attendees into the booths, not to encourage attendees to stand in the aisles. Carpeting is mandatory in your booth.
8. Installation/Dismantling/Installation. All exhibits must be set up and operational by 11 a.m. Monday, May 21, 2018, without exception. Assembly of exhibits during regularly scheduled exhibit hours will not be permitted. At 11:15 a.m. an inspection will be made, and exhibits that are obviously not being worked on and have no representative present will be assigned to the labor contractor for uncrating and erecting to facilitate removal of crates and the initial cleaning prior to opening. Charges will be billed to the exhibitor. Exhibit aisles must be clear by 12:30 p.m. Dismantling. The official closing time of the exhibits is noon on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. All exhibit material must be packed and ready for removal from the exhibit area no later than 3 p.m., May 23, 2018. No packing of equipment or literature or dismantling of the exhibits is permitted until closing time. Any company violating this regulation may be denied exhibit space at any future Society conferences.
Exhibit Set-Up: Sunday, noon-5 p.m.; Monday, 6:30 a.m.-11 a.m.
Inspection: Monday, 11:15 a.m.
Monday, noon-5 p.m.
Tuesday, 9-noon; 2-5:30 p.m. (closed from noon-2 p.m. for Presidents Luncheon)
Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-noon
Exhibit Tear-down: Wednesday, noon-3 p.m.
9. Additional Exhibitor Services. All other services are available to exhibitors at normal charges through the official convention contractor (hereinafter “Official Contractor”). An exhibitor's service kit will be provided to all exhibitors 60 days in advance with complete details and deadline order dates for rental displays, additional decorating, furniture, carpeting, signs, cleaning, photography, floral, electrical, telephone, audiovisual service, drayage and labor.
10. Contractor and Labor Coordination. The Official Contractor will have control of all inbound and outbound freight to prevent congestion in the loading and unloading area, in the aisles and in any freight traffic area. The Official Contractor will have complete control of all labor hired and scheduling and coordination of labor for the purpose of the orderly setup, management and dismantling of the exposition. It is highly recommended that the labor services of the Official Contractor be used for setup and dismantling. If an outside contractor is used, the following steps must be taken: A: The Society and the Official Contractor must be notified, and proof of adequate liability insurance must be given, at least 30 days prior to show setup. The booth number, name of the exhibitor and identification of the outside contractor must be included. B: Check-in by all labor will be required at the labor service desk prior to the start of setup. No setup will be permitted without the authorization of the Official Contractor. C: All outside contractor personnel shall confine their activities to the booth in which they are working and will not be permitted to solicit on the floor or elsewhere in the exhibit hall.
11. Hospitality and Entertainment. Hospitality suites or events sponsored by the exhibitors may not be scheduled to conflict with the Society's program hours, activity hours or exhibit hours.