Education Course Assistants
This year, STLE student members who have pre-registered for the Annual Meeting have the unique opportunity to attend a free education course (a $285 value!) while serving as a Course Assistant. Sign up for the course you’d like to assist as soon as possible. Limited to one student per course, one course per student. Online registration opened Thursday, April 4th and will be open until the orientation on April 23.
You can see course scheduling and read the course descriptions here. Click here to sign up to be a course assistant
Once you have signed up for a course, register for the orientation webinar, which will provide more detail on your responsibilities. Click here to sign up for the orientation webinar.
Those who sign up to be a course assistant MUST attend:
1. The orientation taking place on Tuesday, April 23 at noon CDT (or you forfeit your spot and we will find another assistant),
2. The entire course day on either Sunday, May 5 or Wednesday, May 9 and complete the tasks as outlined below.
Please Note: This function is available only to registered STLE Student Members. Signup is limited to one assistant per course, one course per student. By signing up as a course assistant you are registered to attend that course for free and will receive a Certificate of Completion and a separate Certificate of Appreciation for your service. Lunch will be provided.
Your duties will include:
• Attend the orientation webinar on Tuesday, April 23 at noon CDT.
• At the meeting, arrive at 7:00 am the morning of your class. Go to the STLE registration desk to pick up course books and any other materials.
• Go to your classroom. As attendees arrive: collect tickets, distribute course books and evaluations. If an attendee cannot produce a ticket, direct them to the registration desk to have one printed.
• Lunch: around 11:30-11:45 am, pick up boxed lunches from common room and bring to your course room (you may or may not need to do this – STLE Staff will also be available to assist)
• Tickets will be used in a prize drawing at the end of class, so please be sure to retrieve all tickets (even if some people come to the course late).
• At the end of the course, the course chair will randomly draw one of the tickets. The winner receives a coupon redeemable for a textbook courtesy of STLE/CRC, at the STLE Membership Booth.
• Upon course completion, collect evaluations from attendees, folder from course chair, any remaining course books and all tickets and return them to registration desk.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (847) 825-5536.
Email with details was sent the week of April 1. If you did not receive it, contact Kara Sniegowski at email@example.com. You must confirm that you will be presenting your poster. You can do so by emailing Merle Hedland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Poster Hours run concurrently with the Commercial Exhibit Hours, which are as follows:
Monday, May 6 – 12:00 – 5:00 pm (judging to take place 1-5 pm)
Tuesday, May 7 – 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (closed from noon – 2 pm)
Wednesday, May 8 – 9:30 am – Noon
The poster area is located in the Renaissance Ballroom on the 4th Floor of the Marriott with the Commercial Exhibits. Plan to have your poster displayed on the poster panel by 11:00 am on Monday, May 6th. Two posters will be displayed on each 4’ x 8’ poster panel so your poster should be no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet. Push-pins and velcro will be available to assist in fastening your poster to the panel.
Judging will take place beginning at 1:00 pm on Monday and conclude at 5:00 pm. Judges will be reviewing your poster and asking you questions about your work. Please plan to remain by your poster on Monday from 1:00 – 5:00 pm to meet with the judges when they stop at your poster. The judges have different obligations at the meeting, so there is no set time for judging your poster.
After Monday, we ask that you be at your poster during the breaks, which are 10 – 10:30 am on Tuesday, 3 – 3:30 pm on Tuesday and 10 – 10:30 am on Wednesday. You may dismantle your poster after noon on Wednesday.
Winners will be announced at the President’s Lunch on Tuesday, May 7th at Noon. You are invited to attend the lunch and will find a ticket in your registration packet.
Up to 9 awards will be given to the student poster presenters. Up to 3 may be awarded in each category:
If you have any questions on the Student Poster program, please contact Justin Ye, Chair of the Student Poster Session via email to email@example.com or Merle Hedland, STLE Conference Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (630) 428-2133.
All webinars are free to attend, but you must register to receive event information.
Archived: How to Get the Most Out of Attending the Annual Meeting, featuring Robert Gresham, STLE's Director of Professional Development
Archived: Best Practices for Presenting Your Poster, featuring past presenter (and award winner), Nicolas Argibay, and Robert Erck, organizer of the student poster program and judge. Listen to get tips on how to prepare and present your poster.
Available early next week (4/29): HOW TO: Use the Annual Meeting App, featuring STLE's Digital Marketing Manager, Bruce Murgueitio. Get an up-close and personal view of the brand-new AM App, and how you can use it to make the most of your attendance and start planning your trip now!